The Labrador Retriever is the most popular dog in the United States. It is also very popular in the UK and Canada. They are easily trained and as well as being great pets, they are used in a variety of roles as working dogs.
1. the Origin of the labrador Retriever
The Labrador Retriever originated in Canada in the 1800s. It is descended from the Newfoundland and the St John's water dog.
2. labrador Retrievers love the water
They love the water. They were originally bred to help fishermen pull in their nets.
3. Labrador retrievers are used as hunting dogs
Labradors are highly intelligent and love to work. They are often used by hunters as retrievers.
4. Their hunting heritage makes them good as games of fetch
This heritage is evident when they play fetch
5. labrador retrievers coat colors
The three main coat colors are black, yellow and chocolate.
6. labrador retrievers are great swimmers
They have webbed feet which makes them superb swimmers.
7. they have a double coat
The Labrador has a double coat. The under coat has natural oil secretions which helps waterproof the coat.
They shed moderately twice a year and should be regularly brushed.
8. labrador retrievers are intelligent and energetic
The Labrador’s loyalty, intelligence and energy levels make them ideal guide dogs. Their loving nature means that it is easy to bond with them. For these reasons the majority of guide dogs in the world are labradors.
9. they are easy to train
Labradors are easy to train and can be taught to respond to hundreds of different commands.
9. labrador retrievers need regular exercise
They are medium sized dogs which need exercise.
10. they love kids
They are great with kids
11. Labrador retrievers live for about 12 years
They live until they are about 12-13 years old